Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tuesday Tabata

Hi friends!

Today I went up to Kelly Rec (where you only pay $3 a visit) to see what kind of equipment they have for CrossFitting. It's literally right by my place, like a one minute jog and you're there. I went with my workout buddy Mike and we were planning on doing some dead lifts (we're both still sore from Angie on Sunday).

But lo and behold, I was thrilled to find a Rogue Fitness Plyo Box!  YESSSSSSSS. I immediately decided on box jumps because they're one of my favorite things, even though they're exhausting. I think this was a 20 incher. Want to buy one of your own? They're effing expensive, but here ya go:

 
http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-wood-plyoboxes.php
We had already planned on tabata intervals because I just downloaded the "My WOD" app, and wanted to test out my tabata timer. Tabata is interval training where you do the exercise for 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest. Since there was only one box, we decided on alternating box jumps with burpees for a total of 16 rounds and an 8 minutes workout. It was exhausting, but we still managed a 3 minute plank "cash out." 

You can say it was a success because a freelance personal trainer came up and told us we were wearing her out! Hah! We win. :)


I saw on my old gym's website (crossfitrebels.com) that their WOD today was run 1 mile and 100 situps for time. I think I'll try that one tomorrow!

Ta ta for now!

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment