Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Get in my belly.

I promised I'd talk about food, so here goes. I love to eat! So it's a damn good thing I have a pretty fast metabolism... One that is slowing with age, but I'll take it. :) My idea for this blog (though God knows it will probably change) was not to create recipes like those other foodies out there, but to use their recipes and judge them! More importantly, I want to take all of these glorious-looking recipes I keep finding on Pinterest, and see exactly how delicious they actually are.

It's also important to know that I am no pro in the kitchen. I've been known to burn Rice-a-Roni, and I NEVER modify the recipe. Unless I'm adding something yummy like cheese. Them I'll typically double it. My first adventures with cooking started in college when my boyfriend and I were so busy, we had to schedule date nights on Thursday nights. We were seniors so I wanted to be an adult and make dinner from something other than a box. My weekly routine became going to Publix to make whatever Aprons meal they were featuring that week. Luckily I am very good at following directions, so it was easy to impress the boyfriend with my newly found "skill."

Fast forward 5 years to present day Andrea. I spend hours pinning and re-pinning these recipes on Pinterest, but I've only made a handful of them. This Monday I made my weekly visit to dear friends who live nearby, to visit them, their 5 month-old precious daughter, and watch The Bachelorette ( yes, I'm a total Bachelor junkie. Don't judge.). While deciding on something to make for dinner, I suggested these white chicken enchiladas...


Mmmmmm. You can get the recipe here: Joyful Mommas Kitchen.


I can't even take credit for making the enchiladas, because my friend Kara made them while I worked on one of my favorites: Publix Aprons Guacamole Salad. Look it up, you will love it. Anyway, these turned out quite lovely. They were very filling and tasty, and we all agreed that next time we would add more cheese. Mmmmm cheese. Next time you are in the mood for Mexican food, make this recipe with confidence. I promise next food blog, I will be more in depth with the details of the process! But for now, just know I approve of this recipe. I'm also taking recipe requests, so let me know if there's one you want me to make and "test" for you.

Also, no CrossFit today. My neck was still hurting. :( But I'm definitely going tomorrow morning! I feel like a lazy bum without it.

Good night!

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment